- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
When a third-party client attempts to search Voyager via z39.50 by title, the search returns the following:
An error was encountered while performing the Z39.50 query:
The z39.50 configuration in the client is conducting a keyword search across multiple subfields (@attr 1 = 4). Keyword indexing is based on individual field/subfield combinations; the client is searching the full title (245 subfields a and b) and should be configured to query as a left-anchored search.
- Review the configuration for the search in the client.
- Update configuration to include position and truncation attributes. For example: @attr 1=4 @attr 3=1 @attr5=1
- Save changes and try searching again.
See https://www.loc.gov/z3950/agency/defns/bib1.html for more information on the z39.50 search attributes above.
- Article last edited: 15-Feb-2016