- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
Issue number: 16384-20642
Module: vxws / RESTful API / System Administration
Server platform affected: all
Releases replicated in: 8.0.0 - 8.2.0
Last version without bug: 7.2.5
If Call Slip requests are disabled for a patron group in the Circulation Policy for the OPAC Circ Desk, then Call Slip requests would not be allowed for that patron group via Primo or RESTful API call to vxws.
Call Slips must be disabled for patron group in the item location’s circulation policy.
Workflow implications: Confusing; for sites with multiple circulation policies, disabling requests via OPAC for a patron group can be time consuming/cumbersome.
1. Identify a patron and an item you want to place a call slip request on for the patron. Note the patron ID, item ID and bib ID.
2. In SysAdmin > Circulation > Policy Definitions, edit the policy group that contains the OPAC Circ Desk: on the Patrons tab, edit the patron group for the patron in step 1 so that “Place Call Slip Requests Using OPAC” is not checked.
3. Edit the policy group that contains the item’s holding location from step 1 so that “Place Call Slip Requests Using OPAC” is checked.
4. Use the Call Slip Per Item API to make a call slip request, using PUT method to submit request, or log into Primo as patron and place a call slip request on the item:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<comment>testing callslip request</comment>
5. Your request should be rejected, but it will succeed. You'll see the request in the patron record in Circulation, and the API will return a success message.
6. Now disable Call Slip requests via OPAC in the item’s policy group. Your request will fail with
<reply-text>Failed to create request</reply-text>
<note type="error">No holdings are available.</note>
Workaround: Disable or enable call slips in item location's circ policy definitions.
Other information: Hold and recall requests appear to similarly succeed when they are not enabled for the patron group in the OPAC Circ Desk policy. However, they also succeed when disabled for the patron group in the item location circ policy as well.
Fixed in Voyager 8.2.2.
- Article last edited: 3/16/2015