- Product: Voyager
- Relevant for Installation Type: Local
What information should be provided when requesting a Voyager software upgrade or a server move?
In both instances, begin by opening a Case and state the work needed (Upgrade, Server Move, or both), providing the information outlined below as appropriate.
To request Ex Libris perform a Voyager software upgrade (cost included in maintenance), provide the following information:
- Can you confirm that you are upgrading the software on the same server the current version resides on? (i.e., no hardware change)
- What is the current version of the software?
- Are you requesting Ex Libris perform the upgrade?
- What dates would you prefer to upgrade?
A server move/data move (i.e., migrating a Voyager installation to new hardware) is work that Ex Libris needs to do and will provide a quote for. Providing the information below helps in determining an accurate quote and scheduling time frame:
- What is platform and OS of source (current) environment?
What is platform and OS of target (future) environment?
- Will data be moved to a new physical or virtual environment?
- Will there be additional data copy work requested? (from production to a test environment, for example)
- Is there an existing test server that also will be migrated?
- Is source environment all-in-one or multi-server?
- Is target environment all-in-one or multi-server?
- What method is available to Ex Libris to connect to impacted environments to perform the work?
- Will the Voyager software also be upgraded?
- Do you want Ex Libris to perform the upgrade?
- What is the current version of Voyager?
- How many database instances are involved? Please list the name of each xxxdb.
- What is the database size (# bibs)?
- Are there preferred timeframes for this work to be performed?
- To whom should we provide the completed quote?