- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.1
Bug Report Form for Issue 16384-11985
Server platform(s) affected: Tested on Solaris
PC OS (if applicable): N/A
Browser & version (if applicable): All Browsers
Release(s) replicated in: 7.2.2, 7.2.1, 7.0.4
Last version without bug (if applicable): 6.5.4
Expected results: If a redirect link is set up in the OPAC, then that link will be displayed if that subfield exists in Cat.
Actual results: If a redirect link is set up on a subfield that is not defined in a certain bib record, a link will still be displayed, and it will result in an ISE.
Workflow implications: Invalid links are displayed in the OPAC
1. In Cataloging, create a new MFHD and attach it to any record.
2. In said MFHD, create an 852 field with a subfield B and a subfield Z. The value of both of these fields does not matter
3. In displayHoldings.xml, comment out the holdingTag labeled “Notes”, and modify the “Call Number” tag to the following:
<holdingsTags label="Call Number:" notFound="No call number available">
<displayTag field="852" indicator1="X" indicator2="X" subfield="khijz" redirect="callnumber" redirectOn="hi"/>
4. Load this record in WebVoy?ge, you'll see the call number redirect link is enabled, but it should not be, since this record has no subfield H or I
Fixed in WebVoyage for 8.1.1.
- Article last edited: 3/7/2015