- Article Type: Known Issue
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
* Zipped log files produced by WebAdmin cannot be opened using the built in Windows utility.
* Attempting to 'Open" the file produces: "Windows cannot open the folder. The compressd (zipped Folder '...' is invalid.
* Attempting to 'Extract All' produces: "The compressed (zipped) folder is empty. Before you can extract files, you must copy files to this compressed (zipped) folder.
Issue VYG-5886 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.1 and higher.
1. Conduct a bulk import using WebAdmin.
2. Attempt to open the compressed file using the built in compression utility by double clicking or using right click to select open.
3. Observe the error message.
4. Right click the compressed file and select "Extract All"
5. Observe the error message.
This issue occurs because the compression format used to compress these files (gzip) is not compatible with the windows decompression utility. To open these files a 3rd party compression utility such as 7-Zip or Win-Zip must be used. Example:
1. Download file from email.
2. Right-click on file and choose 7-Zip > Open Archive
3. Open file.
Alternately, note file name and in WebAdmin > Report Files, download & open log file.
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 7/23/2014