- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.0
- Recently upgraded & trying to use AutoUpdate
- Updated voyager.ini file's [Upgrade] stanza for AutoUpdate
- Attempt to update clients results in "There are no files=strings!"
One or more of the following:
- [Upgrade] stanza entries missing ending slash.
- update.txt missing on server
- Default password for "clients" user has been changed on server, and does not match password in [Upgrade] stanza.
- Open voyager.ini file on PC for editing.
- Locate the [Upgrade] stanza.
- Edit the Voyager= and Media= entries so they end with a slash. Example:
Voyager=http://<user>:<pass>@<server IP or hostname>:7099/autoupdate/voyager/
- Save the file.
- Launch client to trigger AutoUpdate.
- Log on to server as voyager user.
- Ensure update.txt is in /m1/voyager/clients/autoupdate/voyager
- Ensure update.txt begins with
<list of files & relative paths for update>
See Voyager Technical User's Guide for more on AutoUpdate.
- Article last edited: 08-Oct-2013