- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.2
* System Administration crashes with error message "Voyager SysAdmin has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."
* The crash occurs while creating a new circulation calendar.
* The calendar has not yet been saved.
* The crash occurs when attempting to change the AM/PM indicator using the backspace key.
This behavior is the result of issue VYG-5326.
Issue VYG-5326 is resolved for Voyager 9.1.0 and higher.
1. Open System Administration > Circulation > Calendars and create a new calendar.
2. Open the Hours tab.
3. Enter a new opening or closing time for any day of the week.
4. With the cursor to the right of the AM/PM in the new opening time, backspace over the AM/PM in the new opening time.
5. Attempt to type either AM or PM
Workaround: Saving the new calendar prior to attempting to backspace and rewrite AM/PM will prevent this from occurring.
Category: System Administration - Voyager
- Article last edited: 10/17/2014