- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.0.2
* Cataloging setting in Options and Preferences -> General -> "delete records from import file once saved to database" is checked
* Records are being imported from an external file
* When operator saves a record, message "Error #6 was generated by Cataloging Overflow" comes up
* Record is saved to database anyway.
This behavior is a result of Issue 16384-14737.
Fixed in Cataloging client for Voyager 8.1.2.
The error does NOT happen in Acquisitions when importing the same file onto a PO with delete records checked.
1. In Cataloging, under Options > Preferences, make sure you have ?Delete records from import file once saved to database? checked.
2. Choose Record > Import > From new file ? and select the attached record file that you?ve saved.
3. Choose a record from the file & open it. Save it to the database. Receive ?Error #6 was generated by
Cataloging. Overflow? and record saved to database but not deleted from file.
4. Remove record #22 from the file ? it has 6 very large 505 fields and is about 58KB in size.
5. Again, use Record > Import to open the file & choose a record to import. This time, with the large
record removed from the file, when you save it to the database no errors will be given, and the
record will be saved to the database and deleted from the import file.
Workaround: Uncheck Delete records from import file once saved to database; delete records/import file manually after finished importing. If you reduce the size of the record to approximately 32KB, the record saves without issue as well.
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013