- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
* When exporting range of records, MarcExport creates records for deleted bib_id numbers with data from previous MARC record in sequence.
This behavior is the result of a defect in Voyager 8.2.1
This defect appears to be fixed by 22.214.171.124 and higher. If you are on Voyager 8.2.1 and you are experiencing this behavior, please open a Support Incident via eService to request the latest 8.2.1 hotfix package.
1. Find a bib_id range where some of the bib records have been deleted.
170, 171, 173, 175 exist for bib_id range 170-175; bib_id 172 and 174 have been deleted.
2. Run MarcExport on this bib_id range.
Pmarcexport -rB -mR -t170-175
3. Note that more than the actual number of bibs are exported (in this example, 6).
4. Look at the resulting marc.exp* record file. Note that there are records with 001 fields of 172 and 174. 172 contains the MARC data from bib_id 171. 174 contains the MARC data from 173.
Workaround: Use a list of bib_ids (-mM)
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013