- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2.1
- Relevant for Installation Type: Dedicated-Direct, Direct, Local, Total Care
How does RFID work with Voyager? What changes are required to configure Voyager to work with RFID.
- Voyager utilizes information from RFID scanners in the same way it utilizes information from barcode scanners. T
- The scanner should be configured to output a unique ID from tags which will be interpreted by Voyager as a barcode.
- No changes to Voyager's configuration are required to work with RFID.
- Voyager does not include any features which utilize additional metadata which may be encoded on RFID tags.
Implementing RFID with Voyager, requires only that items in Voyager be updated, if necessary to ensure that the RFID number of an item matches the value for 'Barcode' in the Voyager item record.
- Article last edited: 07-July-2016