- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: All
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
How does Bi-Directional Merge work?
* Bi-Directional Merge adds fields from the incoming record as defined in the Bibliographic Duplicate Detection Profile's Merge Fields tab.
* Bi-Directional Merge occurs if the INCOMING record is of LOWER quality than the target record.
* If the incoming record is of higher quality, then a Merge will occur: the target record will retain fields set in the Merge Fields tab and the Incoming record will replace the target record.
The system checks for quality based on the Quality Hierarchy as set in the Bibliographic Duplicate Detection Profile. For more information on the Quality Hierarchy and Bi-Directional Merge, see "How does Quality Hierarchy work with Bi-Directional Merge?"
Category: Batch jobs
- Article last edited: 3/3/2015