- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.0.0 and higher
How to delete related records (bib, holdings, and items) using Global Data Change (GDC)?
- Create a record set containing bibliographic or holdings records to be deleted.
- In Rules tab, create a Data Change Rule Set with a Data Change Rule that uses the record disposition consequence of "Delete All".
- Add the Data Change Rule Set to a Data Change Rule Set Group.
- In Job Management tab, submit Data Change Job with Record Set from step 1 and Rule Set Group from step 3.
- Review log and output files in View Running/Completed when job completes.
If related records such as circulation activity, purchase orders, fines/fees, etc., GDC does not delete the record and logs an error. Any blocks that prevent record deletion are logged.
See "Rules Generation" in the Global Data Change document for more information.
- Article last edited: 02-Feb-2016