- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9.2
- Relevant for Installation Type: All
- Attempting to create the VGER DSN manually results in an error:
ODBC System DSN Warning You are logged on with non-Administrative privileges. System DSNs could not be created or modified.
- User installing ODBC has full administrative privileges.
- No option is available to run MS Access as administrator
MS Access cannot be run as administrator.
Run obdcad32.exe as administrator and continue adding DSN manually before returning to MS Access to link tables:
- Click the start button.
- In "Search programs and files" enter "odbcad32.exe"
- Right click "obdcad32.exe" and select "Run as administrator"
- Continue the procedure to add the VGER DSN manually as outlined in: VGER missing as a DSN when linking tables