- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.2.1
? In a UB transaction, instead of being able to renew items after the patron group mapping has changed, items are discharged from the stub record and then an item with same item_id is charged to the home patron.
This behavior is a result of Issue VYG-4965.
Issue VYG-4965 is resolved for Voyager 9.0.0 and higher.
1. Charge items out to a stub patron.
2. Change the patron group in their home db or manually remap the stub record's patron barcode.
3. From the stub's charged items index, attempt to renew the items charged to the patron.
4. Operator will be prompted to discharge the items and re-charge them out to the patron because their patron group has changed.
5. The items are discharged from the stub, but instead of re-charging the items to the stub patron, a charge is created for the patron in their home database for an item with the same item_id.
6. Other information:
7. The charges are identified in the home database as having a charge_oper of SYS-UB.
Discharge items before remapping patron records.
- Article last edited: 3/18/2014