- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 8.1.0
Bug Report Issue 16384-18737
Module(s): Circulation / Cataloging / SysAdmin
Release(s) replicated in: 8.1.1
Last version without bug (if applicable): 8.1.0
Expected results: When an item record is added to a title with an unranked hold, the item will fulfill the hold only if it is an item type that is eligible according to the Circ Matrix.
Actual results: Any new item added to a title with an unranked hold will be used to fulfill the hold.
Workflow implications: Holds are ranked and placed on items that should not be eligible to fulfill that hold request; manual work in the clients to remove the hold and replace the unranked hold is necessary each time this happens.
1. In SysAdmin, find or create a matrix line where the patron group-item type is not allowed to place holds.
2. Log in to Circulation at a circ desk that belongs to that matrix, and find a patron that belongs to the patron group and item that belongs to the item type from step 1.
3. Place a hold on the item for the patron. Note that the request counters on both item & patron records do not increment, and when you view the hold in the patron’s record, it is unranked. This is correct behavior.
4. Now in Cataloging, add an item to the holding the item from step 2 belongs to, with the same item type.
5. What should happen is that the item should be added with a message like “Item successfully added.” Nothing should change with regard to the unranked hold, as the new item is not a type eligible to fulfill the hold request.
6. What will actually happen is that when you save the item in Cataloging, it will give you the message “This item has a hold request. Please discharge it in circulation to notify the requestor.” It then gives the success message above.
7. Now if you look at the request in the patron record in Circ, you will see it has been ranked, and has incremented the request counters in the patron record. If you discharge the item in Circ, it will trigger the Item Blocks and Information window with the message “Item has outstanding hold or recall request.”
Workaround: Cancel and replace hold in Circ prior to discharging.
Fixed in Cataloging for 8.2.0.
- Article last edited: 3/20/2015