- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 7.2.0
Bug Report for Issue 16384-10978
Module(s): Circulation, WebVoyage
Server platform(s) affected: Solaris
Release(s) replicated in: 7.2.1
A hold/recall request should only have a status of Pending when it is available on the hold shelf.
If the pickup location of a request is changed and the item is put in transit to the new location, the request still shows as Pending.
The request status in WebVoyage shows as available for pickup, even though the item is not available.
1. Hold placed on an item for pick up at Circ Desk A. Request Status: Active/ Item status: Hold Request.
2. Discharge item to pickup location. Request Status: Pending/ Item status: On Hold.
3. Edit hold request's pickup location so that it is now Circ Desk B. Request Status: Pending/ Item status: On Hold.
4. Discharge the item so that shows as in transit to the new pickup location: Request status: Pending/ Item Status: In Transit On Hold. In WebVoyage, under My Account, it the item will show as available for Pickup.
Other information: The ability to edit requests was added in Voyager 7.0.1. From Voyager Circulation documentation:
p5-79 of Circ Doc:
Status: Status of the request. Whether the request is active (in the queue), or whether the request is pending (item on the shelf).
p5-17 of Circ Doc:
On hold: An item is on a hold shelf waiting for the patron who placed a recall/hold request for the item.
In Transit on Hold: An item is en route to a hold shelf at a location selected by the requesting patron.
Hold Request: One or more patrons have placed a request for an item that may or may not be currently charged to another patron.
Fixed in Voyager 8.1.1, due out Q1 2012.
- Article last edited: 3/19/2015