- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
When creating Corporate Name or Series Authority Record using authority template that has Undifferentiated personal
name (Byte 32) set to type a, the system does not change byte 32 to type n
This behavior is the result of Issue VYG-4159.
VYG-4159 is resolved for Voyager 9.0.0 and higher.
1. In Cataloging, open or create authority template with Undifferentiated personal name (byte 32) value a in the 008 field.
2. Open a bib record
3. Add a 710 field or a 110 field.
4. Click Save to Database (ensure authority validation is active).
5. Click Create auth for the new heading
6. Note that byte 32 does not automatically change from a to n in the 008 field.
- Article last edited: 5/29/2014