- Article Type: General
- Product: Voyager
- Product Version: 9
- Relevant for Installation Type: Total Care; Dedicated-Direct; Direct; Local
How to create an operator and give operator access to modules?
- System Administration > Security > Operator Profiles > New
- Fill in required information on Operator tab: First Name, Last Name, ID, Password.
- If you wish to force the operator to reset password the first time operator logs in, check "Expire password immediately"
- If you want the password to never expire (overriding any password expiration rules that have been set in Security Options), check "This password never expires"
- System Administration > Security > [Acquisitions/Serials / Circulation / Cataloging / Global Data Change] Profiles
- For any module operator needs access to, open corresponding set of Profiles.
- Choose a security profile with permissions & locations operator needs access to > Edit.
- Move operator from Available to Selected column in Operators tab.
Follow step 2 to give existing operators new permissions in clients.
- Article last edited: 29-May-2014