Prior to a release, is there a place I can view my Summon instance with the upcoming changes that will be released?
- The preview environment for the May 3 release is now live through May 2 !
Access to Your Library's Release Preview
- Just replace <CLIENT> with the same code you find in your standard Summon URL. For example, the site http://demo.summon.serialssolutions.com would become http://demo.preprod.summon.serialssolutions.com.
- Note: For the API, in order to view the release you will need to change the calls to the API in your own test instance of your user interface so they use the API URL above in conjunction with your API key. If you go directly to the URL you will be redirected to the current API wiki.
You can try different configurations in the preview environment. All currently available display and functionality customizations can be adjusted in the preview environment. To access the preview environment's administration console, log in to the Summon Administration Console as you normally would:
- In the upper right-hand corner of the admin console, just below the "Hello, <Username>" greeting message, you’ll find a link to the Preview environment of the administration console.
- Click on the preview environment link to access the preview platform in order to make any settings changes you would like to view in preview mode.
- The preview should work for both API and UI institutions.
- Your preview should include your customizations (logos, link and background colors, etc.).
- The search results on the preview site should be reflective of your configuration for the index in production (rights mirror live site).
- The preview should include link rules so you can test links to content.
- You should be able to see your custom scripts in place.
Reviewing the Release
If you are testing Database Recommender or Best Bets, please be sure to include the search terms you used and the expected resource or best bet you expected to be recommended.