Product: Cross Product
The content of the CKC is indexed by Google (and other search engines), so you can use these, too, to search for Ex Libris resources.
If using external search engines, you can limit the search to the CKC by using syntax such as the following:
- The default operator in the Knowledge Center search is “OR”.
- Search operators available are: AND, OR and NOT (all in uppercase).
- For exact phrase search, use double quotation marks:
- Phrases in quotation marks can be searched in combination with single words:
encryption AND “patron barcode”.
- Multiple phrases in quotation marks can be searched with AND operator:
"remote storage" AND "purchase order"
- Asterisk can be used as a wildcard. Search for
seg*will search for “segment” along with "segmentation", "segregate", etc.
- Filter search results by product, by content type (documentation, knowledge articles, training materials, etc). However, note:
- Results are limited to product, and/or a content type, based on where the search is performed. This is indicated in the path ("breadcrumbs") at the top of the screen.
- To expand search to retrieve results from other products or content types, navigate to the relevant section of the site, using links in the breadcrumbs.
- You can refine the search by changing the query in the white search box (“Help results for…”) . Results will be retrieved from the same path.
- Once viewing a document, running a search from that document page will retrieve results from the same section (the branch of the product and the content type).