- Article Type: General
- Product: SFX
- Product Version: 2
Is there an automated way in the Export Tool to generate an active full-text portfolio count (where target and service are also active) that deduplicates ISSNs - to produce a simple count of how many unique full-text porfolios are currently enabled in the KB?
If you make an Export Tool query in TXT format you can use Excel to achieve this. Open the resulting export file in Excel and follow the steps below:
1) Place ISSNs in the first column. Select ALL of the worksheet, and sort by ISSN
2) Insert a new Coulmn to the left of the ISSN column.
3). Insert a formula into the newly created column (Column A):
4) Drag the formula down into all the cells in Column A that correspond with ISSNs in Column B.
There should appear a 1 in Column A next to each duplicate ISSN in Column B and a 0 next to all the rest of the ISSNs
5) Replace the formulas in Column A with values by selecting the column, pressing ctrl+c, selecting "paste special" from "edit", and clicking on "values" radio button.
6) Select ALL of the worksheet and sort by Column A. All the 1s should appear at the bottom of the column.
7) Delete all the 1s from Column A and the corresponding duplicate ISSNs from column B.
8) Delete column A
- Article last edited: 10/8/2013