- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Rosetta
- Product Version: 4.1
What are the OAI-PMH Harvester best practices, limitations and known issues?
- Do not mark the "check for duplicates" option, if not expecting any duplicates, as this check could significantly affect performance.
- Current documentation does not explain the 'ignore last run time' checkbox; to be used to start a harvest job from scratch. Used heavily during initial testing.
- File references must point to an actual file (not a resolver, e.g. DigiTool's Delivery Manager) and, if using an URL, it must contain a legitimate filename.
- Where possible, file references should point to a NFS location mounted to Rosetta; http should be avoided, especially for large migrations.
- For environments running Rosetta SP 4.2.1 or below - Use is recommended for migration purposes, not for ongoing harvest of live collections.
Category: Rosetta -
- Article last edited: 4-Jan-2016