The following figure shows the basic layout of the Primo Toolbar as it would appear on an initial install. It contains the following components, starting from the left side of the Toolbar:
- A customizable logo that redirects users to your Primo site when it is clicked.
- A Search box that contains a text area for keyword expressions and a drop-down list, which provides a history of previous searches when expanded.
- The Go button, which is used to start a Primo search after a search term has been typed in the Search box. Note that a search may also be started by pressing Enter.
- The Sign in button, which allows users to log on and log off. This button toggles between the “logon” and “logoff” states. When logged on, users have access to their personal settings and e-Shelf.
- The Options button, which allows users to set personal preferences and switch between Primo views.Primo Toolbar Layout
The Primo Toolbar provides the following primary functions:
Primo Keyword Searches
The Search box allows users to enter one or more keywords into the text input field to perform a Primo search. The results of the Primo search, depending on the user preferences setting, display in the current browser window or a new browser window. For more information on entering search expressions, see Search History.
To execute a search, enter a keyword and then click the Go button or press enter.
The Primo Toolbar search functionality operates in two states:
- signed in – performs keyword searches and allows users to access their user-specific information (such as e-Shelf) within the Primo Front End.
- not signed in – performs keyword searches only.
During the sign-in, the authentication system (which uses the PDS SSO system) utilizes the identification cookies, which are stored in the browser session to validate the user.
On personal computers, the Toolbar uses the cookies that are stored in the shared browser session (available for all browser sessions). On public computers, the Toolbar uses session-dependent cookies. In this case, all other or new browser windows cannot use logon information (session cookie).
The search history menu contains the last 10 search expressions that a user has entered. Users may display their history by clicking the drop-down list on the Search box. From this menu, users can choose or modify an expression to perform a search quickly.
In addition, matching search expressions display in the Search box menu when the user types the first two characters of a previously typed search expression.
To clear the search history, click the Clear History button at the bottom of the history menu.
This feature is not available on public computers.
Search Highlighted Text (IE Only)
The Primo Toolbar allows users to perform Primo searches on text they highlight in a Web browser. This allows users to quickly search for keywords that are found in Primo search results or text from any Web site.
This feature is available with IE only.
To perform a search on highlighted text:
- From your Web browser, highlight a keyword in the text.Highlighting Text on Web Page
- Right-click the highlighted text to display the Context menu.Displaying Context Menu
- Select Search Primo from the menu to search for the highlighted keyword.
The Primo Toolbar Options window allows you to set the following fields (see the following figure):
- The View drop-down list allows you to select a Primo view from which to search.
- The Links and search results in new window check box, when selected, indicates that the search results will display in a new window. Otherwise, the search results will display in the current window.Primo Toolbar Options WindowTo modify user preferences, click the Options button on the Primo Toolbar.