Primo provides an out-of-the-box RTA plug-in for the Talis ILS system, which utilizes the Primo sublocation field (display/availibrary $$1) when it matches the Primo location with the Talis location.
If you are using a locally-defined plug-in, it is recommended that you use the out-of-the-box adaptor to display more accurate availability information.
Setting up RTA in Primo for Talis
To configure RTA for Talis:
- If you are using a locally-defined RTA plug-in for Talis, perform the following changes to disable it.
- In the Plugins mapping table, disable your locally-defined plug-in.
- in the Plugin parameters mapping table, disable all of the parameters defined for the plug-in.
- In the Plugins mapping table, enable the mapping row that contains theTalisRTAPlugin plug-in.
- In the Plugins Parameter mapping table, configure the following parameters:
The following parameters are not added to the mapping table out of the box, but you can add them locally as needed:
- IdentifierXPath – The out-of-the-box value is record/control/sourcerecordid.
- SourceSystem – The out-of-the-box value is Talis. Change this value to the source system that appears in the control/sourcesystem field in the PNX records harvested from Talis. Note that this value may be Other.
- Debug – This parameter adds additional details to the library_server log. The valid values are true and false (default).
- Location – Specify the default location required by the Talis RTA API. The default value is Main%20Catalogue.
- LibraryCodes – Specify the mapping table that is used to map Talis source library codes to Primo Library codes. The default value is ILS Library Codes.
- Timeout – Specify the connection time-out in milliseconds for Talis RTA requests. The default value is 1000 milliseconds.
- KillNonWords – This parameter is used to normalize the location in the Talis response by replacing spaces with an underscore and stripping all characters except for digits, letters, and underscores. The valid values are true and false (default).
- ToUpper – This parameter is used to normalize the location in the Talis response by converting the location to uppercase. The valid values are true and false (default).
- ToLower – This parameter is used to normalize the location in the Talis response by converting the location to lowercase. The valid values are true and false (default).
- Deploy the RTA Configuration option on the Deploy All page.