In previous releases, the availability status and the delivery of remote search records depended on SFX. If full text was available via SFX, the status was Full text available. Otherwise, the status was No full text. Delivery was also based on an OpenURL to SFX only. Links to fulltext that may exist in the record itself were ignored and displayed only in the full record. This was very problematic for resources that are partially available via SFX or not available at all.
It is now possible to combine the use of SFX and links to full text that are in the record itself (which are sent by MetaLib as MARC 856 fields) in order to determine the availability status of remote search records and to provide access to full text.
To configure this feature for all or specific databases, use the following mapping tables on the Primo Home > Advanced Configuration > All Mapping Tables page:
- Using Links in Remote Search Records – For each database, enter the following fields:
Using Links in Remote Search Records Field DescriptionDatabase CodeThe database code that MetaLib sends in the SID field subfield b, and then Primo adds it to the PNX control/sourceid field. It is the MetaLib Z58 code. Enter ALL to indicate all databases that are not explicitly listed.MARC TagsIndicates which MARC tags to use in order to create PNX links/linktorsrc type links. You can enter a tag with specific indicators or leave the indicator blank to use all value. For example, 856 includes 8564, 85641, and 85642. The system will always take subfield u as the URL.How to CheckThis field contains the following options:
Using Links in Remote Search Records
- linktorsrc_only – This option indicates to the system to check only the linktorsrc fields in the PNX for the specified data source.
- LR_linktorsrc – This option indicates to the system to check for full text in SFX first and then check for 856 links if SFX does not return full text.
- linktorsrc_LR – This option indicates to the system to check for 856 links and then check for full text in SFX if no 856 links are found.
- LR_only – This option indicates to the system to check only for full text in SFX. This option provides backward compatibility with previous releases of Primo.
- GetIT! Link 1 Configuration – The following availability statuses are defined for this mapping table:
GetIT! Link 1 Configuration Field Descriptionfulltext_linktorsrcThis option indicates that the record has full text based on the information in the record.no_fulltext_linktorsrcThis option indicates that the record does not have full text based on the information in the record.GetIT! Link 1 ConfigurationIf the remote search record is a deduped record that comes from multiple data sources with conflicting definitions in the Using Links in Remote Search Records mapping table, the system gives the following priority: