The Manage Staff Users page (Primo Home > Ongoing Configuration Wizards > Staff Configuration Wizard) is the opening page of the Staff Configuration wizard. It enables you to manage staff users and to assign specific roles to staff users. For each staff user, use the wizard to assign the appropriate role and enter the staff user's name and contact information.
Manage Staff Users Page
For further instructions, see the following sections:
Creating Staff Users
The Manage Staff Users page allows you to add and delete staff users or update configuration information for existing staff users.
For single institution configurations in an on-premises installation, it is recommended to create staff users at the installation level, not the institution level. This will ensure that staff users (as allowed per role) can work with both configuration levels.
If you want to change the configuration level of an existing staff user, you must create a new staff user record.
To create a staff user:
- In the Create a New Staff Member area on the Manage Staff Users page, enter your staff user's information (see Create a New Staff User Details for a list of fields).
Create a New Staff User Details Field name DescriptionLogin NameThe staff user's internal ID code used to log into the system.Display NameThe name of the staff user as displayed on screen.OwnerSelect the configuration level for the new user.Only staff users who are assigned either the Admin or Superadmin role are permitted to add new users.For installation-level staff users who are assigned either the Superadmin or Admin roles, the valid values are the institution names and the installation name.For institution-level staff users who are assigned the Admin role, the system will pre-select your institution and allow you to add staff users to your institution only.RoleThe staff user's role or level of authorization within the system. For more details concerning staff privileges, see Staff User Role Privileges.If the user's role is set to Reporting, the user only has access to the Primo Reports page of the Back Office. All other roles have full access to the Back Office functionality.For more information on staff user roles, see Staff Users.PasswordThe staff user's password used to log into the system.Confirm PasswordConfirmation of the password, used to ensure the password is valid.AddressThe staff user's home address.The staff user's e-mail address.Work PhoneA phone number where the staff user can be reached at work.Home PhoneThe staff user's home phone number.Mobile PhoneThe staff user's mobile phone number.
- Click Create.
Editing Staff Users
You can change the staff users user names and passwords every once in a while for extra security. You can edit a staff user's personal details if a staff user's role or address changes.
For on-premises customers you must create a new staff user record if you want to change the configuration level of an existing staff user.
To edit staff user details:
- In the View Staff Users list, click Edit next to the staff user that you want to edit.The Manage Staff Users page opens.Manage Staff Users Page for Editing
- Edit the staff user personal attributes (see Create a New Staff User Details for a list of fields).
- Click Save & Continue.The staff user's details are updated and appear in the View Staff Users list on the Manage Staff Users page (see Manage Staff Users Page).
Deleting Staff Users
You can delete any staff users from the staff users list if they are no longer needed.
If you are an institution-level staff user, you can only delete users who belong to your institution.
To delete a staff user:
- In the View Staff Members list, click Delete next to the staff user that you want to delete.A confirmation dialog box opens.
- Click OK.The staff user details are deleted from the system, and the staff user name is removed from the Institution List.
Changing Staff User Passwords
You can change a staff user's password on the Edit Staff User Personal Attributes page.
To change a staff user's password:
- On the Edit Staff User Personal Attributes page, click Change Password to display the Change Password dialog box.Change Password Window
- Type the old password.Users assigned the Superadmin role are not prompted for the old password.
- Type the new password.
- Retype the new password to confirm your change.
- Click Save & Close to update your password.