The Institution wizard allows you to load a list of IPs into the database from a tab delimited file. The file can be loaded on the following pages of the Institution wizard:
- Institutions List (see Institutions List Page) – this load is intended for sites that want to load IPs from multiple institutions in a single file.
- Edit IPs (see Edit IPs Page) – this load is intended for sites that want to load the IPs for a single institution.
During the load process, the system validates the file before loading the IPs into the database. If an error occurs, the file is not loaded.
If validation is successful, Primo loads the new IPs and replaces any existing IPs. Because the load process adds and/or replaces all IPs for all institutions specified in the file, you must include all IP ranges, not just new or updated IPs.
Results of the load display in a log, which opens either error messages or a confirmation message for a successful load.
The Structure of the IP File
The input file that is used to load IPs must be a text file that has UTF-8 encoding. It must contain the following fields delimited by tabs:
- Column 1 – Institution code.
- Column 2 – IP from – with periods. Leading zeroes are not required. Length is 30 characters.
- Column 3 – IP to – with periods. Leading zeroes are not required. Length is 30 characters.
To load IPs on the Institution List page:
- In the Load IPs section on the Institutions List page, enter the input file or click Browse to select a file.
- Click Load.
To load IPs on the Edit IPs page:
- On the Institutions List page, click Edit next to the institution you want to update.
- Click Save & Continue on the Edit Institution page to display the Edit IPs page.
- In the Load IPs section on the Edit IPs page, enter the input file or click Browse to select a file.
- Click Load.