Editing a new institution enables you to define advanced information in addition to the basic information defined when you created the institution. If you would like load a list of libraries at one time, you can create a tab-delimited file and export the list into Primo. For more information, see Loading Libraries.
When modifying parameters (such as the Primo Institution Name) other than the Delivery Base URLs and IP Range parameters, it is necessary to deploy the changes by clicking the Deploy button in the Institution Wizard.
To edit institution details:
- On the Institutions List page, click Edit next to the institution that you want to update.The Edit Institution page opens.Edit Institution Page (1 of 3)Edit Institution Page (2 of 3)Edit Institution Page (3 of 3)
- In the General Institution Attributes for area, edit the attributes for the institution (see General Institution Attributes Details for a list of fields).
General Institution Attributes Details Field name DescriptionInstitution CodePrimo institution ID code. This cannot be edited.Since lowercase letters cannot be used in institution codes, the system will automatically save all lowercase letters to uppercase letters.Primo Institution NameThe name of the institution.MetaLib Institution CodeIndicates to the system which MetaLib institution to use during a remote search for this institution.*MetaLib Portal CodeSpecify the portal code if it is different from the MetaLib Institution Code.MetaLib User NameIf you want to use a user name other than the MetaLib institution to access QuickSets in MetaLib, specify the user name.If this field is left blank, the system will use the MetaLib institution for the user name.MetaLib passwordIf you want to specify a password other than the MetaLib institution to access QuickSets in MetaLib, specify the user name.If this field is left blank, the system will use the MetaLib institution for the password.Alma Campus CodeThe Alma Campus Code identifies the Alma inventory network group, which represents a set of campuses and/or libraries for which you want to manage electronic resources as a group.Alma Institution CodeThe Alma institution code that the system converts to the Primo institutution code via the out-of-the-box Alma templates.Source ILS Institution CodesThe ILS data-source codes that can be mapped to the Primo institution code. If there is more than one code mapped to the same institution, separate the entries with commas.* For example, Aleph uses the ADM library or sub-library codes.SFX InstituteSpecify the SFX institute that is sent in the request to the SFX Journal Subscription API to determine if full-text results are available.bx TokenSpecify the bX authentication token received during the registration of bX recommendations. For more information on configuring bX, see the Primo Interoperability Guide.You cannot use the authentication token that was obtained while registering for bX via SFX.Hot Articles TokenDefines the token that the system uses to authenticate the bX Hot Articles service for use in Primo. By default, the system uses the primo-generic token.If your institution has already registered for this service, you can replace the generic token with your institution’s token. If you want to create a token for your institution, click the Register button to register for the service.For more information, see bX Hot Articles.PC KeySpecify the PC Key received during the registration of Primo Central. For more information, see the Primo Central Index Configuration Guide.Customer IDSpecify the Customer ID received during the registration of Primo Central. For more information, see the Primo Central Index Configuration Guide.Institution is part of the shared user database/Resource sharingResource sharing indicator (on-premises customers only). This field indicates whether the institution is part of a shared resource/user database.This field only displays when the Shared User Database & Resource sharing field is set to P on the Primo Home > Advanced Configuration > General Configuration > Delivery subsystem page.DescriptionDescriptive information about the institution.* These codes are mapped to the Primo institution code and used by the Normalization mapping table.
- In the Delivery Base URLs section, enter the base URLs of the servers providing access to the following delivery systems:
If necessary, you can add new types of delivery base URLs to the list. To do so, add the new delivery base URL to the Institution Base URL mapping table, using the instructions in Edit a CSS Mapping Table.
- MetaLib – Note that this URL requires the mladmin user name and password for MetaLib 4.3 and later releases.If the MetaLib server is configured to send responses to Primo in ZIP format, set the Data is Compressed field to Yes for the institution in the MetaLib Institution Configuration mapping table.
- SFX – The base URL of the SFX link resolver.
- ILS – The base URL of your ILS.
- Alma – The base URL of the Alma U-resolver, which is formatted as follows:http://<Alma server>:<port>/view/uresolver/<Alma institution code>/openurlIf you have defined an Alma campus code, it should be appended to the Alma base_url to ensure that delivery is specific to the campus:http://<Alma server>:<port>/view/uresolver/<Alma institution code>/openurl-<Alma campus code>
- Alma Services Page URL – Defines the base URL that bX uses to send requests to Alma via Primo. For more information on this field, see bX Hot Articles.
- Digital Repository, Digital Repository 2, and Digital Repository 3
- RTA – The base URL of the RTA service.
- API – Enables OPAC via Primo functionality if supported by the institution. If this field is left blank, Primo will provide OPAC via link functionality.
- EZproxy – The base URL of the EZproxy server, which is used to provide access to articles when direct links are invoked from Primo Central and EBSCO records. These links display in the Links section in the Details tab and in some cases may be used as the basis for the main delivery links. For additional settings, see EZproxy options.
- Collection – The base URL of the collection repository. For Alma customers who are using Alma for collections, the Collection field should be set to the same value as the API field. If Rosetta is used for collections, set this field to the base URL for Rosetta.A collection API request is sent once an hour and is cached in memory. The Refresh Collection API Response button (which appears next to the Collection field) allows you to refresh the API response manually as needed.
- Use EZproxy only if the user is off-campus – select this check box if you want to use the EZproxy server for direct links when the user is off campus only. Otherwise, the EZproxy server is used for all direct links regardless of the user's location.
- Do not proxy Open Access records – select this check box if you do not want to use the EZproxy server for open access Primo Central records.
- Click Save.The institution's details are updated and appear in the Institutions List page (see Institutions List Page).
If you want to edit an institution other than the one you are currently editing, select the institution in the Institution drop-down list and repeat Steps 2 through 5.