- Product: Primo
- Product Version: All versions
- Relevant for Installation Type: Multi-Tenant Direct, Dedicated-Direct, Local, TotalCare
Why does a Primo Central record say "no full text available" when there is a working link in the Details tab?
Primo Central records provide access to full text in the View It tab and in the Details Tab. This access works in two different and unrelated ways.
In most cases, the View It tab uses your SFX/Alma holdings file to determine access. If a record has full text access, it should say “full text available” in the brief view, and there should be a View It tab.
The Details tab uses “backlinks” or “links to resources.”
"Links to resources" can appear in both the View It tab and in the Links section of the Details tab. "Backlinks" will appear only in the Links section of the Details tab.
These links will display if:
- The PNX of the record has the link.
- This type of link is selected in the Full Results tile page of the Views Wizard.
This type of link gives access to the full text as follows:
- If "Do not proxy Open Access records” is not selected in the Primo BO Institution Wizard,whether the publishers’ record includes FT access is determined by settings in your proxy configuration.
- If "Do not proxy Open Access records” is selected:
- If the publisher does not requires authentication, you will get a record at the publisher’s website with full text access.
- If the publisher requires authentication, whether the publishers’ record includes FT access is determined by settings in your proxy configuration.
So it is possible for a Primo record to have a “no full text” availability status, yet have a link in the details tab that goes to the full text.
This would happen if the holdings file does not indicate that the institution should have access to full text, yet the record also has a link to an article which is proxied or does not require authentication.
See the Knowledge Article
for more details.