- Product: Primo Central, Primo
Why does Primo Central maps "eBook" with "Book" resource type?
We avoid changing the resource type "Book" to "eBook" on Primo Central, for two reasons:
- That will have a profound effect on customers and their local data, since many of them already use the resource type “Book” for their local (physical) collection.
- It is not consistent with the use of other resource types. For example, Journal or Article in Primo Central, where the Availability flag determines whether they are available electronically.
You can change the labels of the resource type to your liking, in your Primo's Backoffice:
1. Change the label of the code “Books” to be “eBooks”
2. Add a new "eBook" resource type to local data, with the label "Books”.