- Article Type: Q&A
- Product: Primo
- Product Version: 4
What is the Primo Central (PCI) link to resource method (linktorsrc_only) and its impact on Primo calculated availability status?
This method is used to calculate Availability status for Primo Central (PCI) records when the vendor does not provide sufficient metadata for the Link Resolver or Uresolver alone to determine availability.
For these PCI records, no availability calculation based on the link resolver holdings file is performed.
The impact of this method on the Primo Availability status is that PCI records are displayed in search results as
* "Full text available" when a link to the item exists in the record PNX (Link/linktorsrc, provided by PCI)
* "No full-text" when there is no link
* For most collections, information about collection availability calculation is indicated in the Collection activation display so it can be considered when activating Primo Central Collections.
* Ex Libris recommends activating these collections only if the library has a subscription, in order to avoid 'false positive' results for end users.
Category: Primo Central - Primo
- Article last edited: 6/16/2014