To configure the Digital Content Store integration profile, you must have one of the following roles:
- Fulfillment Administrator
- General System Administrator
This feature is relevant for UK customers, only.
The Digital Content Store (DCS) is a workflow tool for librarians in higher education institutions to help with the process of sourcing and clearing digitization requests required for course packs and reading lists. Documents are stored in DCS as PDF files. When a request is completed, the CLA publishes a URL that allows authorized users at the institution to access the content. Each content URL is specified by course and requires the student to authenticate to access the content. The DCS API enables Ex Libris to publish the content links and associated metadata on a course by course basis. The CLA creates the client system credentials within the DCS so that administrators of the institution's accounts can let the students subscribe to their courses.
Before configuring integration with the DCS, CLA must be enabled (set the parameter copyright_region to UK, see Configuring Other Settings.) and you must obtain an HEI (higher education institution) code from the CLA. After configuring this integration profile, additional options are available when managing citations; see Managing Citations.
To configure integration with the DCS:
- Ensure that you have obtained an HEI code from the CLA: On the CLA site, select My Institution in the Administration menu.CLA Site: Left MenuThe HEI code is your CLA account number. It is located in the CLA Account field in the Institution Configuration area.CLA Site: My Institution Page: Institution ConfigurationNote this number for entering into the integration profile, as describe below.
- Also on the CLA site, grant permission for Leganto to access DCS data:
You can rescind this permission at any time by clicking Unsubscribe in the row containing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On the CLA site, select My Institution in the Administration menu.
- Click Subscribe in the row containing email@example.com in the API User Configuration area. CLA Site: My Institution Page: API User COnfiguration
- Click Accept in the confirmation dialog box.
- In Alma, on the Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > External Systems > Integration Profiles), click Add Integration Profile. The External System page appears. Digital Content Store Integration Profile: Page 1 of the Wizard
- In the Integration type field, select Digital Content Store from the drop down list. The page refreshes with some of the fields removed.
- Optionally enter a description and click Next. Page 2 of the wizard appears. Digital Content Store Integration Profile: Page 2 of the Wizard
- Enter your institution's HEI code.
- The DCS URL appears on the page. You can optionally enter a test URL in DCS URL Override, which Ex Libris will use in place of the displayed URL.
- Click Save to save the integration profile.