To configure the LTI integration profile, you must have one of the following roles:
- Fulfillment Administrator
- General System Administrator
You configure authentication between Leganto and your course management systems using Learning Tools Interoperability (LTI) integration profiles. After entering the required information to set up the integration profile, Alma supplies you with the credentials your course management system requires to operate with Leganto.
You can add normalization rules for the course codes and user IDs imported using this profile.
To configure LTI:
- On the Alma Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > External Systems > Integration Profiles), click Add Integration Profile. The External System page appears. External System Page: Page 1 of the Wizard
- In the Integration type field, select LTI Tool from the drop down list. The page refreshes with different fields.LTI Integration Profile, Page 1
- Enter a Name for the profile.
- Select your course management system in the LMS System field. The current options are:
- Enter an optional Description.
- Click Next. The second page of the wizard appears. LTI Integration Profile Step 2There is currently only one option for the mandatory field LTI Type.
- In the LTI Version field, select your LTI version; currently the only option is 1.X. After selecting the LTI version, the page refreshes with the credentials you must enter into your course management system. Copy these credentials and enter them in your course management system where required. LTI Integration Profile, Page 2 – For Version 1.XIf you add the URL parameter debug=true to the end of the LTI Launch URL, then the URL points to a debug screen instead of Leganto. This may be useful for troubleshooting.Leganto Debug Page
- If required, specify the user ID and/or course code fields. This is useful when the names of these fields are not the default values, which are:
- User ID:
- Moodle – ext_user_username
- Sakai – ext_sakai_eid
- Canvas – lis_user_username
- Desire2Learn – ext_d2l_username
- Other – custom_lis_user_username
- Course Code: custom_lis_course_id or custom_lis_course_code
- User ID:
- Click Save. The credentials are saved in Alma.
To configure LTI integration profile normalization rules:
- In the LTI Normalization Type to Method mapping table (Fulfillment > Fulfillment Configuration > Configuration Menu > Leganto > LTI Field Normalization), select or enter values for the following information in the Quick Add section:
- Field Type: The field in the record to normalize: Course Code or User Id.
- Regular Expression: A regular expression to search for in the field.
- Normalization Method: Whether to keep, remove, or replace the string in the field that matches the regular expression.
- Replace With: If you selected Replace in Normalization Method, this is the string to use instead of the matched string.
- Click Add Row. The rule is added to the table.
- Click Customize when you are done making changes on the page.
To edit a normalization rule:
Edit the field in the rule's row. Click Customize when you are done making changes on the page.
To remove a normalization rule:
Click Delete in the rule's row. Click Customize when you are done making changes on the page.