The label of a representation is its precise description, which appears as part of the availability information. You can create a template that defines rules that can be used to auto-generate a label for partial representations. These representations are used when a bibliographic record is not fully represented by a single representation. For more information, see Editing Representation Metadata and Content.
In a Network Zone, you can centrally manage this template in the Network Zone; see Managing Label Generation Rules Using a Network Zone.
To create representation label templates:
- From the Representation Label Template Rules page (Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > General > Representation Label Templates), click Add Rule. The following appears:Representation Label Template Setup Editor
- In the Name field, enter a name for your template.
- In the Input Parameters section, select a name, operator, and value from the drop-down lists and click Add Parameter. Repeat this step as necessary.
- In the Output Parameters section, select fields and enter the prefixes and suffixes you want Alma to use to create the representation labels.
- Click Show template to see an example of how the label will appear.
- Click Save.
The template is available to create labels for partial representations.