The following roles can configure item material type descriptions:
- Catalog Administrator
- General System Administrator
You can enable, disable, and configure the material types that appear in the Material type (sometimes Secondary Type) drop-down list in various places in Alma. You do this on the Physical Material Type code table page (Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu).
Physical Material Type Code Table Page
This drop-down list appears in many pages in Alma—for example, in the Physical Item Editor when editing a physical item. In addition, any change to the material type description appears in the Primo View It and Get It tabs.
To customize the physical item material type descriptions:
- On the Physical Material Type Code Table page:
- Edit the descriptions of the material types in the Description column.
- Enable/disable the material type using the check mark in the Enabled column.
- Use the up and down arrows to change the order in which the material types appear in the Material type drop-down lists.
- Select a default value, which is the first value to appear in the drop-down lists.
- Click Save. All enabled Material type drop-down lists in Alma display the customized list.