Alma provides the following kinds of import profiles:
- New Order – Bibliographic records with embedded order data (EOD). Used to import bibliographic information and create PO lines and physical/electronic inventory.
- Update Inventory – Shelf-ready material for inventory associated with PO lines, based on the PO line reference number or vendor reference number.
- Repository – Bibliographic records. Used to import bibliographic information and create physical/electronic inventory.
- Authority – Used to update authority records on an ongoing basis. Existing authority records that are matched with imported ones are updated and new imported authority records are added. (Available only if the authority usage policy is set to local by Ex Libris)
- Initial Authority – Completely reload authority records. If matching authority records exist, they are deleted and replaced by the new ones. (Available only if the authority usage policy is set to local by Ex Libris and if you have local authority records in your repository)
Digital – Bibliographic records for digital inventory, and may also contain the digital inventory. There are two types of digital import profiles:
- Local - Import digital resources stored locally
- Remote - Import digital resources stored in a remote digital repository