To approve deposits, you must have one of the following roles:
- Deposit Manager
- Deposit Operator
- Deposit Operator Extended
- General System Administrator
When a deposit is performed by a patron, it must first be approved before it can enter the repository. You approve or reject deposits on the Approve Deposits page (Resource Management > Deposits > Approve Deposits).
Click the title of a deposit. The following tab appears:
Approve Deposits Information
The following actions are available on this tab:
- From the Approve drop-down list you can perform the following actions on the deposit:
- Approve – Approve the deposit
- Decline – Reject the deposit. A rejection email is sent to the depositor
- Return – Return the deposit to the depositor for correction
- Storage Path – View the storage location of the digital file
- Edit Record – Open the MD editor (requires cataloging permissions)
- Edit Representation – Open the Digital Representation Editor (requires digital inventory editing permissions)
- Record tab – View the bibliographic record of the deposit
- Notes Tab – Add notes concerning the deposit
If you approve, decline, or return a deposit, a preview of the email that will be sent to the depositor appears. For the decline and return emails, you can select a reason from the drop-down list. You can also edit the text of the email.
Approved Email Message
Declined Email Message
Returned Email Message
If the deposit is approved, declined, or returned, an email is sent to the depositor. For information on configuring the text of these emails, see Configuring Deposits.