To manage reminders, you must have the following roles:
- Cataloger Extended
The privilege, MANAGER_REMINDERS, is available for the Cataloger and Cataloger Extended roles for working with Reminders.
Reminders may be set for individual bibliographic records. The following pieces of information may be entered for a reminder:
- Date for the reminder to occur
- Type of reminder
- Status of the reminder
- Text describing the reminder
A list of reminder types can be customized for your workflow. See Configuring Reminder Types for more information.
A list of statuses can be customized for your workflow. See Configuring Reminder Statuses for more information.
From Alma's Repository Search results for bibliographic records, you can enter and edit reminders for individual bibliographic records using the Reminders link action. See Creating Reminders for more information.
Reminders can be added to a batch of records by running the Add reminders job and using a set. See Adding Reminders Using a Set for more information.
After reminders have been created:
- They can be viewed and edited using the Alma Cataloging Reminders option (Resource Management > Cataloging > Reminders). See Managing Reminders for more information.
- Reminder actions can be performed in repository search results. See Actions You Can Perform on the Repository Search Results Page for more information.
For more information, see the Reminders for Bibliographic Records video (3:02 min.).
Use the following procedure to create reminders for bibliographic records.
To create reminders:
- Use Alma's Repository Search to locate the bibliographic record for which you want to set a reminder.
- Click Reminders for the bibliographic record for which you want to set up a reminder.Reminders LinkThe List of Reminders page appears.
- Click Add Reminder. The Reminder Details page appears.Reminder Details Page
- Using the calendar icon, select the date by which you want to manage this reminder.
- From the Type drop-down list, select the type of reminder that you're creating. General is provided as the default.This drop-down list can be customized to match your workflow. See Configuring Reminder Types for more information.
- From the Status drop-down list, select the status that represents the state of the reminder. New is provided as the default.This drop-down list can be customized to match your workflow. See Configuring Reminder Statuses for more information.
- Enter a description of the reminder in Text to more fully explain the purpose of the reminder.
- Click Save. The new reminder appears on the List of Reminders page.List of Reminders PageWhen multiple reminders appear on the List of Reminders page, use the following filters to manage working with the list:
Use the Actions options available for each reminder to edit or delete the reminder.To manage all the reminders that have been created, see Managing Reminders.
- Reminder date from/to
- Click Back to return to the Repository Search list of results.
Adding Reminders Using a Set
Add reminders to bibliographic records using a set and the Add reminders job. For additional information, see Running Manual Jobs on Defined Sets.
After running the job, check job history to see the results. See Viewing Completed Jobs.
Reminders Job Report
From the Cataloging Reminders option (Resource Management > Cataloging > Reminders), you can view all the reminders. Use this option to manage the reminders that you have created. Note that there is no reminder alert.
To work with a list of all the bibliographic reminders:
- Open the List of Reminders page for Cataloging (Resource Management > Cataloging > Reminders).Cataloging List of Reminders Page for All Reminders
- Use the Reminder Date from/to, Type, and Status filters to manage the list in order to focus on the reminders that require your action.
- Add, edit, or delete reminders using:
- Add Reminder
- Actions > Edit (to access the bibliographic reminder entry)
- Actions > Delete
- Click the link in the Type column to access the bibliographic reminder entry.
- Click the link in the Title column to access the MARC record simple view of the bibliographic record.
- Click Back to return to the Alma home page.
Configuring Reminder Types
Configure reminder statuses on the Reminder Types code table (Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > General > Reminder Types). For more information on code tables, see Code Tables.
Configuring Reminder Statuses
Configure reminder statuses on the Reminder Statuses code table (Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > General > Reminder Statuses). For more information on code tables, see Code Tables.