Alma Mobile provides portability of Alma functions that align with your workflows using mobile phones and tablets. For example, Alma Mobile enables you to process Pick Up from Shelf (Fulfillment > Resource Requests > Pick from Shelf) requests directly from your mobile device. The sections below provide the following information to help you get started:
Download the Alma Mobile app from:
- Google Play
- Apple App Store
The licensing information for the Alma Mobile app can be found at Alma Mobile EULA and Alma Mobile App.
Supported Operating Systems
Alma Mobile supports the following device operating systems:
Alma Mobile supports the following mobile devices:
- Android cell phones
- Android tablets
- Bluetooth-enabled, hand-held scanners
Supported Barcode Symbologies
The operating system barcode symbologies identified below are supported when using the mobile device's camera to scan in barcodes. If you are using a bluetooth-enabled scanner connected to your mobile device to scan in barcodes, you will need to check which barcode symbologies are supported for that scanner.
For devices using the Android operating system, the following barcode symbologies are supported when using the device's camera:
For devices using the iOS operating system, the following barcode symbologies are supported when using the device's camera:
Getting Started and Logging In
To get started:
- Using the Apple App Store or Google Play, download the Alma Mobile app.
- Locate the Alma Mobile icon on your mobile device and start the app. Alma Mobile IconThe Getting Started pages appear.Getting Started Page 1Getting Started Page 2Getting Started Page 3
- Tap Start app. The URL / Authentication configuration page appears. URL / Authentication Page
- Enter your institution URL as described in the Getting Started pages. This is your Alma instance as in the following generic format where mng is replaced with mobile:https://<hostname:port>/mobile/login?institute=<institution_code>
- Open the Authentication Method drop-down list and select one of the following:
- Local - With this option, authentication is handled by Alma.
- SAML - This option uses the Security Assertion Markup Language, XML-based format, for processing authentication.
- CAS - This option uses the Central Authentication Service for handling authentication.
- Social Login - This option uses a social networking service such as Facebook or Google+ for authentication.
- Tap Save. The Alma log-in page appears. Alma Login
- Enter your Alma log-in user name and password. The Alma Mobile options appear.Alma Mobile Options
For more information regarding working with the Alma Mobile options, see:
Working with Settings
Alma Mobile provides settings for:
- External Links
To work with Alma Mobile settings:
- Tap the gear icon to open the Settings pane.
- Tap Languages to display and/or select the preferred language option for the Alma Mobile user interface.Language Settings for the User Interface
- Tap External Links to conveniently switch from Alma Mobile to one of the following external links:
- Ex Libris Ideas
- Ex Libris Facebook
- Ex Libris Twitter
- Tap the gear icon to close the Settings pane.