To configure social login profiles, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
Facebook, Google, or Twitter may be used to log in to Alma and Primo (when working with Alma) accounts. The setup below is required to enable the option to email users with an invitation to use social login. The email option may be found in the Manage Users interface for an individual user, or can be sent in bulk in the Update/Notify Users job. The email letter is Social Login Invite Letter. An additional letter, Social Login Account Attached Letter, is sent when social authentication has been successfully completed.
For a detailed overview of social logins, see the Developer Network.
For information on Primo configuration, see Using Social Networks for User Authentication.
To configure a social login integration profile:
- On the Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > External Systems > Integration Profiles) click Add Integration Profile.
- Enter the external system information:
- Enter (Profile) Code and Name.
- Select Social/Email Login as the integration type.
- Select the connecting system. Available options are:
- Email - For future use
- Click Next. The Social/Email Login configuration dialog box appears: Social/Email Login Integration ProfileThe Email login is for future use.
- The login section defines the required attributes for the OAuth protocol to establish authentication with the external application. The App ID and App Secret are provided by the social network.
- When self-registration is set to Active, Alma creates a user for any unregistered user logging into Primo with social authentication. Select a user group to be assigned to the newly created users. Resource sharing library and statistical category may also be assigned to the user if selected in the self-registration setup. Self-registration is relevant only for patrons.
- Click Save.