To configure a webhooks definition profile, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
A webhook request may be triggered when a job ends. The following letters can trigger a webhook request: FulCancelRequestLetter, FulUserBorrowingActivityLetter, FulItemChangeDueDateLetter, FulPlaceOnHoldShelfLetter. These letters can be activated in the Letter Activity code table (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > General Configuration > Letter Activity). For detailed information on these webhooks, see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/apis/xsd/rest_webhook_notifications.xsd.
For more information, see the Developer Network.
In order for the webhook to be activated, Alma must have a webhook integration profile configured.
To configure a Webhooks type of integration profile:
- On the Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > External Systems > Integration Profiles), click Add Integration Profile. The first page of the integration profile wizard opens.
- From the Integration type drop-down list, select Webhooks.
- Click Next. The second page of the wizard opens.Webhooks Integration Profile - Page 2
- Enter the listener URL for the Webhook Listener URL and secret code in Secret. See the Technical Information table in Webhooks.
- Select whether this is using an XML or a JSON message.
- Click Save. The profile you configured appears in the Integration Profile List.