To configure a resolver proxy profile, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
To enable off-campus users to access full text services at different vendor sites, you must define a proxy server, which is used to authenticate these users.
The Alma Link Resolver responds to an incoming OpenURL and changes it to an electronic link by automatically including additional proxy information in the resolved URL. Some institutions use a single proxy server, in which case one proxy profile should be defined. If an institution uses several proxy servers, a proxy profile should be defined for each proxy server. You must then define the relevant proxy for each electronic collection, service, or portfolio. See the following for additional proxy information:
- Linking Information Tab Options – describes the Linking Information tab options of the Electronic Service Editor
- Electronic Collection Editor Tabs and Fields – describes the Additional Information tab options of the Electronic Collection Editor
- Electronic Portfolio Editor Page – describes the Linking Information tab options of the Electronic Portfolio Editor
The following table presents a description of the relationships between the proxy-enabled setting for electronic collections, services, and portfolios. Portfolios inherit the proxy-enabled setting from the service-level, proxy-enabled setting to which they are attached. As a result, you do not need to set a portfolio-level proxy-enabled setting unless you want it to be something different from the service-level setting. The electronic collection proxy-enabled settings are not inherited by portfolios.
|Proxy Enabled for Electronic Collection Level||Proxy Enabled for Service Level||Proxy Enabled for Portfolio Level||Proxy Enabled Setting Results|
|N||N||N||Redirected to resource|
|N||N||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
|N||Y||N||Redirected to proxy login |
Portfolio inherits service setting
|N||Y||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
|Y||N||N||Redirected to the resource |
The Electronic Collection proxy is not inherited by the service or portfolio level
|Y||N||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
|Y||Y||N||Redirected to proxy login |
Portfolio inherits the service setting
|Y||Y||Y||Redirected to proxy login|
To configure a resolver proxy definition type of integration profile:
- On the Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > External Systems > Integration Profiles), click Add Integration Profile. The first page of the integration profile wizard appears.
- Perform the following actions on this page:
Resolver Proxy Integration Profile – Step 1
- From the Integration type drop-down list, select Resolver Proxy.
- Enter a name (Code) for the profile you are defining and, optionally, enter a description.
- Select Default if you want the profile you are defining to be the default proxy definition profile. (If you previously defined another profile as the default profile, clear the Default selection in this profile before selecting Default in the new profile).
- Click Next. The second page of the wizard appears.
- Under Actions:
- Select the type of proxy server that you are using. Alma supports the following types: EZProxy, LIBProxy, OpenAthens, and WAM.
- Enter the proxy URL (the full URL, including http://) and proxy IP address.
- Select one of the following values from the Use Proxy drop-down list:
Resolver Proxy Integration Profile – Step 2 (Proxy Definitions)
- Always – The proxy is used for any resolving. If this proxy is selected as default, it is used for any resolving, even for resources (services, collections, or portfolios) with EnableProxy=No.If this proxy is not selected as default, it is used for resources where EnableProxy=Yes and this proxy is selected.
- Never – This proxy is never used for resolving, even if it is enabled and selected for a particular resource.
- Selective – This proxy is used for resources where EnableProxy=Yes and this proxy is selected (this is equivalent to selecting Always for a non-default proxy). Even if this proxy is selected as default, it must be added to the resource explicitly.
- Always – The proxy is used for any resolving.
- Click Save. The profile you configured displays in the Integration Profile List.
To edit a resolver proxy profile:
- On the General Configuration page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu), click Integration Profiles under External Systems. The Integration Profile List page opens.
- From the Integration Type filter, select Resolver Proxy.
- For the proxy profile you want to edit, select Actions > Edit. The General Information tab on the External System page displays. General Information Tab (Edit Proxy)
- After selecting the appropriate tab, make the changes to the proxy profile to match your requirements. When editing the proxy profile you have the option to add contact information (address, phone, and/or email) on the Contact tab for general communication or reporting errors.
- When you are finished making your changes, click Save.