To configure integration with financial systems (such as ERP systems), you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
Alma acquisitions includes ordering and receiving materials from vendors, which involves handling orders and invoices by vendors. When these are managed in the institution's financial system, information about/for the transactions must be imported from these systems into Alma, or exported to these systems from Alma. In this way, financial information about funds and orders are kept regularly synchronized with these systems.
For details on the integration between Alma and financial systems (including XSD and XML samples), see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/integrations/finance.
To configure export to, and import from, a financial system, you configure FTP connections for the system and create integration profiles for the actions you want to perform. The integration profile enables you to define jobs that can be scheduled or run manually.
If the jobs are scheduled, they appear in the Scheduled tab on the Monitor Jobs page (see Viewing Scheduled Jobs). The jobs also appear in the Running/History tabs on the Monitor Jobs page when/after they run. The jobs are:
- Import Payment Confirmation – ERP Import Using Profile <integration profile> Imports payment confirmations from an ERP into Alma. This enables Alma to move paid items to the next step of the workflow.
- Export Invoices for Payment – ERP Export Using Profile <integration profile> Exports invoices from Alma to an ERP. The job exports each invoice to a separate file. The owner of the invoice is one of the fields in the file.
- Funds Allocation Loader – Fund Allocation Loader (called Update Fund Tx Job in the list of scheduled jobs) Imports up-to-date fund balances from a financial system into Alma. This changes the allocations of funds in Alma to match those in the ERP.
- Export Orders (PO) – Export Order (PO) Job (cannot be scheduled) Exports submitted POs from Alma to a financial system.
- Export PO Lines (POL) – Export PO Lines (POL) Job Exports closed or canceled PO lines from Alma to a financial system. The job can export only up to 1,000 PO lines. If more than 1,000 PO lines are marked for export, the job exports 1,000 of them and the job report page includes an alert suggesting that the user rerun the job to export any remaining PO lines.
If a job encounters a connection problem (for example, the remote system cannot be reached or there is an FTP error), any remaining records are processed on the next successful run.
To configure the export and import of order and invoices:
- Configure an S/FTP connection to be used by Alma and the financial system, as described in Configuring S/FTP Connections. (If you are working in a sandbox environment or pre-”Go Live” production environment, ensure that the S/FTP connection you configured is defined as an allowed S/FTP connection for your institution, as described in Configuring Allowed S/FTP Connections During Testing.)
- On the Integration Profile List page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > External Systems > Integration Profiles), click Add Integration Profile. The first page of the integration profile wizard opens.
- Perform the following actions on this page:
The Default check box is not functional for this integration type.Finance Integration Profile Definition – Page 1
- Enter a code and name for the profile you are defining.
- From the Integration type drop-down list, select Finance.
- From the S/FTP connection type drop-down list, select the name of the FTP connection that you defined in step 1.
- Indicate the type of financial system with which you are integrating (for Ex Libris’ informational purposes). Note that this is mandatory.
- Optionally, enter a description of the integration you are configuring.
- Click Next. The second page of the wizard appears. Finance Integration Profile Definition – Page 2
- Perform the following actions in the Import Payment Confirmation, Export Invoices For Payment, Funds Allocation Loader, Export Orders (PO), and Export PO Lines (POL) sections on this page.
- Select Active or Non-active. Select Active to enable the import/export job to run. By default, Non-active is selected.
- From the Plugin drop-down list, select the out-of-the-box plug-in that is used to run the job (not currently in use).
- In the Input file path/Output file path fields, enter a subdirectory of the path specified when creating the S/FTP connection. For example, if you specified Alma in the Sub-directory field during S/FTP connection configuration and you enter payments in the Output file path field, the invoices are exported to the Alma/payments directory. The value of the Input file path field cannot be identical to any of the other Input file path or Output file path values.
- For a Funds Allocation Loader job, in the File Extensions field, select the type of file that is being imported for the fund allocation, .csv or Excel (.xls).
- For an Export Invoices For Payment job, click Split by Owner to split the files into separate files, one for each invoice owner (library). When split by owner, the exported file names are named <LibraryCode>_<OwnershipType>…xml where <OwnershipType> is LBR for library or INT for institution. For example, BC01_LBR.
- From the Schedule drop-down list, select a predefined scheduling option. If you select Not scheduled, the invoice import/export job runs only when you manually run it (by clicking Run). For details, see To manually run a finance job. Scheduling is not available for Export Orders (PO).
- Click Save. The integration profile you configured appears in the Integration Profile List. If you scheduled a job, it appears on the Monitor Jobs page.
To run the export job, you must first activate the InvoicePaymentLetter letter, with the channel SUBMISSION (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > General Configuration > Letter Activity).
- On the Integration Profile List page, locate the profile and select Actions > Edit. The General Information tab appears.
- Click the Actions tab. The details you defined appear. Integration Profile Actions Tab Page
- To run an import, export, funds allocation, or PO line export job immediately, click Run in the relevant section. The job is run and the file is sent to the configured FTP location. If email notifications are enabled in Alma, you receive notification via email. In Export Invoices For Payment, leave the field Use updated XSD format as it is, unless XSD version 1 is required. For more information about XSD versions, see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com...ations/finance.To manually run an export of POs, click Rerun Failed Orders in the Export Orders (PO) section. All previously failed orders are sent for export, and a confirmation message appears at the top of the page.Examples of Message When Running Job and File on FTP Server
To view the status of the job, the number of files processed, and other data
Select Actions > Job history for the appropriate profile on the Integration Profile List page.
For example, the following figure shows a job that completed successfully, processing one file.
Import/Export Job History
The status Completed Successfully does not mean that invoices were imported/exported successfully. Rather, it means that the job completed without error.
For each job, you can view:
- Statistics on the number of invoice records and invoice records with exceptions processed (Actions > View)
- Events that occurred during the job processing (Actions > Events)
- A report of errors (Actions > Error reporting)