To view fulfillment configuration information, you must have one of the following roles:
- Fulfillment Services Manager
- Fulfillment Administrator
- General System Administrator
- User Manager
- Circulation Desk Operator
- Circulation Desk Manager
- Circulation Desk Operator Limited
- Fulfillment Services Operator
You can view fulfillment configuration information for a specific item. The Fulfillment Configuration Utility displays the information that would take effect if a specified item were loaned to a specified patron, as follows:
- The due date calculated by the system if the specified item would be loaned to the indicated patron.
- The overdue fine for an item returned after its due date.
You can also access this information when viewing a patron's loan information on the Patron Services page, by selecting Actions > View Policies for a loan (see Loaning Items).
For more information about the fulfillment configuration utility, see the Fulfillment Configuration Utility video (4:49 mins).
To view fulfillment configuration information:
- In the Item barcode field, search for an item. After selecting an item, the item's barcode displays in this field.
- In the Optional Return Date field, enter a date and time to return the item and click Calculate Overdue Fine. The Overdue fine for given return date appears, indicating the fine that would be accrued if the item were returned on the indicated date and time. Fulfillment Configuration Utility Page – Overdue Fine for Given Return Date
- Optionally, you can perform the following actions for the item:
- Click the link next to Fulfillment Unit Name to view and edit the item's fulfillment unit.
- Click the link next to Fulfillment Unit Rule to view and edit the item's fulfillment unit rule.
The Fulfillment Configuration Utility (Fulfillment > Advanced Tools > Fulfillment Configuration Utility) displays a loan's due date based on the fulfillment policy and does not take into account any potential overriding factors, such as the patron's expiration date. During the actual due date calculation, if the patron’s expiration date is earlier than the due date indicated by the fulfillment configuration policy, the item’s due date follows the patron’s expiration date. For example, if the fulfillment configuration policy indicates that an item is due in 6 weeks, but the patron’s expiration date is in 4 weeks, the item must be returned in 4 weeks.