You can manually add a resource sharing lending request to the list of resource sharing tasks.
To add a resource sharing lending task manually:
- On the Resource Sharing Lending Requests Task List page (Fulfillment > Resource Sharing > Lending Requests), click Add > Manually and select whether you want to add a Book or an Article. The relevant Resource Sharing Lending Request page opens.
- Book – The following page opens: Resource Sharing Lending Request Page – Book
- Article – The following page opens: Resource Sharing Lending Request Page – Article
- Book – The following page opens:
- In the Resource Information area, enter information in the relevant fields, as described in Resource Information Fields.
- In the Request Attribute area, enter information in the relevant fields, as described in Request Attribute Fields.
When you receive a request from an external institution by email, you can add an item to the list of resource sharing tasks.
To add a resource sharing task from a search:
- On the Resource Sharing Lending Requests Task List page (Fulfillment > Resource Sharing > Lending Requests), select Add > From Search. The Repository Search page opens. Repository Search Page: Add from Search
- Select search criteria using the Find, where, and contains filters (see Using the Repository Search) and click Go.You can select only All titles or Physical titles in the Find box. The Repository Search page displays a list of items that meet the search criteria. An example is shown below.Repository Search ListWhen adding a request from a search in the Network Zone, the repository search page displays the Held by field. The value of this field indicates the locations in the network that contain the specified resource.
- Select an item’s check box and click Select. The Request Attribute section on the Resource Sharing Lending Request page opens.Resource Sharing Lending Request Page – Request Attribute Section
- Enter or modify the request information, as described in the following table:
Request Attribute Fields Field Description Supplied to (Required) Select the specific integration profile, configured on the Resource Sharing Partner List page in Fulfillment Configuration (see Resource Sharing Partners). Owner Select the resource sharing library that the operator is scoped to. If the request is created automatically, as with an NCIP message, the owner is set by the NCIP partner's parameters. For an ISO message, the value is set to the ISO symbol configured in the resource sharing library. Request status Select the status of the request. Choose from the following:
- Being processed
- Cancel reply
- Created lending request
- Lender check in
- Locate failed
- Overdue request – The request’s due date arrived.
- Received by partner
- Rejected the borrower request
- Request completed – The request was delivered or it was canceled before it reached the hold shelf.
- Returned by partner
- Shipped digitally
- Shipped physically
- Will supply
External identifier (Required) Enter the identifying string supplied by the external system. Format In the Format drop-down list, select the format of the request:
- Physical non-returnable
Requested media The type of media in which you want the request to be supplied. The values that display in the drop-down field are those configured with a value of True on the Requested Media Definition Mapping Table page (see Configuring Requested Media Definitions).When a request is submitted with a requested media type that was added to the out-of-the-box options (see Configuring Additional Requested Media) and the request is sent to an ISO partner, the partner receives the requested media information in the Request Note field. Allow Other Format If the requested format is unavailable, this indicates whether the patron is willing to receive the item in another format. Language This is the language that is requested by the patron in the borrowing request. Copyright Status Reflects the borrower side copyright status (if the borrower support copyright statuses). The borrower value will be automatically populated for ISO requests. Shipping cost Enter a shipping cost for the request. The displayed currency is the default currency of the institution.If a shipping cost lender rule is configured, it is applied to the shipping cost of the request (see Configuring Shipping Cost Lender Rules). Date needed by Select the date on which the item is needed from the Calendar dialog box. Request note Enter any notes for the request. When editing a request, this field contains a note for the shipped item, as sent to Alma by the NCIP source system in the NCIP message's shipping note. The shipping note displays in the following format: ||Shipping Note||<text of shipping note>||Shipping Note|| The shipping note is used by NCIP implementers, such as OCLC Navigator, to update the library system with additional information about shipped items such as information about the resource itself, the requester, and the locations from where it is requested and is to be picked up.When configuring an ISO partner and selecting the Send requester information check box on the Resource Sharing Partner page Parameters tab (see Partner Parameters), this field displays the requesting patron’s information in the following format:||<Patron Name>||<Patron Identifier>||<Pickup Location>|| The patron’s requesting information is sent with the ISO request. Requester email Enter an email address if a digital request is sent (when the configured Request status on the Resource Sharing Borrowing Request page is Shipped Digitally – see Manually Adding a Borrowing Request). The document is delivered to this email. Level of Service The requested shipping speed. To configure the available options, see Configuring Levels of Service.
- To assign notes as active or to dismiss displayed notes for a request, select the relevant option in the drop-down at the top of the page (Activate Notes or Dismiss Notes) and click Go. Notes received from a peer member are automatically labeled as Active. Dismissed notes are excluded from the Active Notes facet of the Task List, but are still included with their respective requests (they are not deleted).
- Click Save. The resource sharing task is added to the Resource Sharing Lending Requests Task List page.