You can schedule Alma Analytics reports and dashboards to be available on the web site or run at specific set times either daily, weekly, or monthly. You can subscribe to them so that they are sent to your email address. For more information, see Creating a New Report.
There is a limitation that only the first tab of a dashboard is exported as part of a dashboard schedule.
For a video on enhancements to analytics scheduling options, see the Enhancements to Analytics Scheduling Options video (3:05 mins).
To schedule a report:
- Open the Analytics Configuration and Subscription page (Administration > Analytics > Configuration Menu > Analytics Objects List). Analytics Objects List
- Click Add New Analytics Object. The Analytics Configuration page appears. Analytics Configuration Page
- Fill in the following fields:
- Title – The title of the scheduled report or dashboard
- Analytic Folder – The folder in which the report or dashboard that you want to schedule is located.
- Name – The name of the report or dashboard. The list of names comes from the folder you selected.
- Type – select one of the following from the drop-down list:
- Dashboard – An unscheduled dashboard that can be viewed on the web site.
- Report – An unscheduled report that can be viewed on the web site.
- Scheduled Dashboard – A scheduled dashboard. If you select this, the Status and Schedule fields appear.
- Scheduled Report – A scheduled report. If you select this, the Status, Format,and Schedule fields appear.
- Widget – An unscheduled dashboard that can be viewed as a widget on the Alma home page.
- Format – The format for the report: PDF, Excel, or Text.
- Status – Whether the schedule is Active or Inactive.
- Schedule – The time that you want the report or dashboard to be run. You can view the scheduled reports and dashboards on the Resource Management > Processes > Monitor Processes > Scheduled tab. The actual time is dependent on your institution's time zone. Note that a report or dashboard is enabled or disabled when the job that corresponds to its scheduled time is enabled or disabled on the Monitor Jobs page. See Schedule of Analytics Reports and Dashboards in Viewing Scheduled Jobs.Click Email Notifications to configure who is notified when the job is complete. The Email Notifications for Scheduled Jobs appears. For more information, see Configuring Email Notifications for Scheduled Jobs.
- Description – A description for the report or dashboard.
- Click Add Role.
- Select the roles that you want to have the ability to subscribe to the report or dashboard.
- Click Add Role.
- Click Save.
The report or dashboard is displayed in the Analytics Objects List.
There are two ways to subscribe an Alma user to a report or dashboard. One can be done only by administrators, the other by all users.
- To subscribe to a scheduled report or dashboard as an administrator: You can add yourself as a subscriber by clicking Email Notifications while configuring the report or dashboard, as noted above.Alternately, from the Analytics Configuration and Subscription page, click the gray check mark in the Subscribe column for the scheduled report or dashboard to which you want to subscribe. The check mark changes to yellow.You are subscribed to the report or dashboard.
- To subscribe to a scheduled report or dashboard as a regular user: From the Alma Main Menu, select Administration > Analytics > Subscribe to Analytics and click the gray check mark next to the report or dashboard to which you want to subscribe. The check mark changes to yellow.You are subscribed to the report or dashboard.
The following is an example of a scheduled report email. The title of the email is the same as the title of the report:
To subscribe a non-Alma user to a scheduled report or dashboard:
- From the Analytics Configuration and Subscription page, select Actions > Manage Subscription for a scheduled report or dashboard.
- Click Add Row. The following is displayed: Subscribe Non-Alma User
- Enter an email address for the non-Alma user.
The non-Alma user is subscribed to the scheduled report or dashboard.