This section describes how to access the Alma Analytics module to create reports and the different types of columns that can be used when creating reports, including options to filter, sum, format, and sort the report.
For information on Roles for Design Analytics, see Design Analytics Role.
To open the Alma Analytics Home page:
- From the Alma Main menu, select Analytics > Design Analytics. The personal dashboard is displayed. Dashboard
- Click the Home link. The following is displayed: Home PageThe Home page is a task-oriented, centralized workspace combined with a global header allowing access to Alma Analytics objects, their respective editors, help documentation, and other features.
See Tips and Tricks in Analytics for a detailed Ask the Expert session on working with Analytics.
For more information, see the following section, Global Header.
The global header includes the following components:
- Search – Enables you to search the catalog.
- Advanced – Displays the Catalog page in search mode where you can search for objects in the catalog. In search mode, the Search pane is displayed rather than the Folders pane within the page.
- Help – this menu provide different help options relevant for Oracle BI and not specifically for Alma Analytics. It includes the following options:
- xxx Help (where xxx is the name of the page, editor, or tab) – Dynamically changes to display the Help topic for the current page, editor, or tab
- Help Contents – Displays a cascading menu that provides options that link to the tables of contents for Oracle BI EE
- Documentation – Displays the documentation library for Oracle BI EE
- OTN – Displays the Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing Technology Center page on the Oracle Technology Network (OTN)
- About Oracle BI EE – Displays a dialog identifying the Oracle BI EE version and copyright information
- Sign Out – Signs you out of Alma Analytics
- Home – Displays the Home page
- Catalog – Where all reports are saved including personal and shared reports.
- Dashboards – A shortcut to all available dashboards that are saved in the dedicated dashboard subfolders.
- New – Displays a list of the objects that you can create. To create an object, select it from the list. The appropriate dialog or editor is displayed for you to create the object. The first option under this menu – Analysis – is used to create a new report. For a description of the various options, including KPI, see the Oracle documentation at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E21764_01/bi.1111/e10544/toc.htm
- Open – Displays the following options:
- Open – Displays the Open dialog where you can select the object with which you want to work
- Recent Objects – Displays a list of the objects that you have recently viewed, created, or updated. You can use this list to select an object with which you want to work.
- Most Popular Objects – Displays a list of the objects that are accessed the most often by the users that are assigned to the groups to which you belong. You can use this list to select an object with which you want to work.
- Signed In As username – Displays the following (where username is the user name that your current session is using):
- My Account – Displays the My Account dialog where you can specify your preferences such as time zone, delivery devices, and delivery profile.
Throughout Alma Analytics, common icons have been employed for objects. The table below contains some of the most commonly used object icons in this guide.