Loaned items with specific process types, for example claimed as returned or lost, can be excluded so that they are not displayed to end users during discovery. This prevents lost loans from being requested.
- Excluding resources with specific process types hides the items. In a scenario where you have a title with just one item and a process type that is excluded from publishing (such as Acquisition), the associated holdings is suppressed as well. The parameter suppressBibWithSuppressedHol thus controls whether the bibliographic record is published. See Configuring Other Settings (Resource Management)for more information on this parameter.
- It is not possible to create new process types.
The display labels for the process types are defined with the Discovery Interface. For more information, see Modifying Display Labels.
To exclude a process type from publishing:
- From the Alma main menu, select Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu.
- In the Record Export section, click Exclude Process Types from Publishing. The Exclude Process Types from Publishing mapping table appears.
- Select the process type to exclude (such as Claimed Returned and Lost) from the Process Type drop-down list.
- Set the Exclude field to True.
- Click Add Row.
The new row is added to the Mapping Table Row section:Excluded Process Types Rows
- Click Customize to save your changes to the mapping table.
The content that appears in the Material Type column is determined by the Physical Item Material Type Descriptions configuration. If the Material Type column is empty for a specified process type, all items of this process type are excluded. If this column contains a value, only items of the specified process type and physical material type are excluded. See Configuring Physical Item Material Type Descriptions for more information about configuring Physical Item Material Type Descriptions.