To configure IP group configuration, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
You can restrict users from logging in to Alma according to IP address. There are two steps in configuring this feature. First you must define the allowed IP groups and then you must configure login access for those groups.
To define allowed IP groups:
- From the IP Group Configuration page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > Security > IP Group), click Add IP Group. The following is displayed: Add IP Group
- Fill in the following fields:
- Group Code – A code for the IP group
- Group Name – A name for the IP group that can be changed later
- IP Version – Currently only IPv4 is available (IPv6 is under construction)
- IP Match Criteria – A specific IP address or an IP range (two valid IP addresses separated by a hyphen)
- Click Add IP definition to Group.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 as necessary.
- Click Add or Add and Close. The IP group is added to the list of IP groups on the IP Group Configuration page.
- Open the Login Restriction Configuration page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > Security > Login Restriction Configuration). The following is displayed: Login Restriction Configuration
- Select the IP groups from the IP Group drop-down list whose IP addresses you want to allow login access, and click Add, or click Add all groups to add all the IP groups.
- Select a manager from the IP restrictions manager box. This manager receives the message sent by users when a login attempt is made from a restricted IP address.
- Click Save.
- To enable login restrictions, click Enable login restrictions.
- You must click Enable login restrictions for the IP login restrictions to take effect.
- Users with the General Administrator role are not restricted.
If a user with a restricted IP address attempts to log in to Alma, the following message appears:
The user can click Contact Administrator. A text box appears. The user can enter a message and click Send Request to request access.
To override these restrictions for a user, see the next section (Configuring Users to Ignore IP Range Login Restrictions).
To manage users, you must have one of the following roles:
- User Manager
- User Administrator
You can configure a user for which the IP range login restrictions do not apply (see Restricting Alma Logins by IP Range).
To configure a user for which IP restrictions do not apply:
- Open the User Details page (Administration > User Management > Find and Manage Users). The User Detail page appears: Disable All Login Restrictions
- Select the Disable all login restrictions check box, and click Save. IP restrictions do not apply to the user.