To configure these settings, you must have the following role:
- General System Administrator
This option enables you to customize the general parameters listed in the Mapping Table (General Configuration - Other Settings) below. These other settings can be configured on the institution level only.
You configure these settings on the CustomerParameters Mapping Table page (Administration > General Configuration > Configuration Menu > General Configuration > Other Settings).
CustomerParameters Mapping Table Page – Other Settings
To edit other settings:
- In the Mapping Table Rows section, locate the setting that you want to edit, and click Customize.
- Modify the parameter values as required to match your requirements. Refer to the Mapping Table (General Configuration - Other Settings) table for additional information. You can click Restore for a row to return the row parameter setting to its initial parameter value.
Mapping Table (General Configuration - Other Settings) Parameter Key Parameter Value default_language The default language of the user.The default value should not be edited. disable_ideas_link Enable (true) or disable (false) the Suggest an Idea link in the persistent menu. See The Persistent Menu. display_additional_holding_fields_in_getit If set to true, displays additional holdings information on the Get It tab in Primo. For more information, see Displaying Additional Holdings Information. display_alternative_call_number_in_getit If set to true, displays the alternative call number information on the Get It tab in Primo. display_consortia_urls_link If set to true, the Change Institutions dropdown appears when viewing/choosing your current location, allowing you to switch institutions in a collaborative network. See Switching Between Institutions. display_getit_target_in_new_window If set to true, displays the Get It target in a new dialog box. display_viewit_target_in_new_window If set to true, displays the View It target in a new dialog box. email_contact Not in use. email_contact_us The email addresses or URL to which the Contact Us link is directed. For more information, see Configuring Letter Labels. email_deposit_contact Not in use. email_deposit_sender Not in use. email_my_account The email addresses or URL to which the My Account link is directed. For more information, see Configuring Letter Labels. email_sender Not in use. enable_auth_caching Not in use.The EnvelopeFrom parameter was removed. Its functionality was replaced with the mail handling integration profile. For more information, see Configuring Outgoing Email. force_location_selection_on_login If set to true, the system will open a dialog box during logon, requiring staff users to specify their physical location. Otherwise, the system will automatically set the physical location to the user’s last specified location. multi_campus_inventory_management If set to true, displays the Inventory Network Groups link under Resource Management > Resource Configuration > Configuration Menu > General that allows you to define groups that you can use to manage access to electronic resources. Before implementing this feature, consult with Ex Libris. open_consortia_link_options Controls what happens when switching institutions (see Switching Between Institutions):
- tab - The Alma home page of the other institution opens in a new tab.
- window - The Alma home page of the other institution opens in a new window.
- If left empty, the Alma home page of the other institution opens in the current tab.
page_size The number of records to show in all of the lists in the system. Maximum is 20. primo_patron_info_updatable If set to true, allows users to update their patron information from Primo. primo_pds_url The URL that Alma uses to get bor-info from PDS when getting a "View It"/"Get It" request from Primo. It should be the same URL as the one Primo uses to call PDS (or Primo's authentication gateway). primo_service_page_url Determines the base URL that is used to receive a service page direct link to the title when using the Alma Course APIs. For more information on this service, see https://developers.exlibrisgroup.com/alma/apis/courses primo_test_pds_url Enables Alma to work with two different PDS systems. If the Primo View It/Get It template is configured to env_type=test, Alma uses the test PDS. publishing_base_url For information on this parameter, see the Retrieve Bib Record API documentation on the Developer Network. This parameter should be in the following format:
http://<primo server host: port>/openurl/<primo_institution_code>/<primo_view_code>?
retrieve_services_from_NZ (For collaborative networks implementing a Network Zone) If set to true, any OpenURL request to the Alma Link Resolver consults the Network Zone to resolve electronic services for resources that are managed in the Network Zone and available for the institution. See Resolving Electronic Resources in the Network Zone. rss_discovery_url A customer parameter that links to a discovery system (such as Primo) at the institution level. For details, see Configuring RSS. smsDateFormat Not in use. system_time_format Set the time format (without dates) for time displays throughout the Alma user interface. Use the following characters, separated by blanks, commas, hyphens or colons:
- a – text representing AM or PM—for example, PM
- H – a number from 0-23 representing the hour in the day—for example, 0
- k – a number from 1-24 representing the hour in the day—for example, 24
- K – a number in the AM/PM format from 0-11 representing the hour in the day—for example, 0
- h – a number in the AM/PM format from 1-12 representing the hour in the day—for example, 12
- m – a number representing the minute in the hour—for example, 30
- s – a number representing the second in the minute—for example, 55
- z – the general time zone—for example, Pacific Standard Time; PST; GMT-08:00
- Z – the RFC 822 time zone—for example, -0800
- h:mm a indicates a time such as 12:08 PM
- K:mm a, z indicates a time such as 0:08 PM, PDT
- kk:mm:ss indicates a time such as 23:30:55 (that is, 11:30 PM and 55 seconds)
temp_enable_nkb For future use view_historical_loans_in_primo Enables historical loan information to be sent to Primo. For more information, see Displaying Historical Loans in Primo.
- Click Save to store your settings in the system.